Monday, June 22, 2009

The 3 Greatest Inventions of All Time: Sliced Bread, Elastic-band Underpants, Codeine

Last night was rough. Not just a little. I couldn't even lean back, let alone lie down, without going into painful fits of coughing. Have you ever tried to sleep while sitting up and leaning forward? After about 5 hours if trying, I finally must have just passed out shortly after 3:00am. I managed a few hours of sleep and when I woke up, I was still exhausted. Teegan had already made me an appointment with my doctor so I headed straight over.

He prescribed some good stuff and, with the help of some industrial-strength cough syrup, I managed a solid 4-hour nap this afternoon--I was actually able to lie down. I'm feeling better this afternoon, though I'm a bit hung-over from the drugs. The coughing is now somewhat under control although it does appear that I'm frightening the children.

Looking forward to better days.

No comments: