Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another lost week

Codeine was good for sleep Monday night. Vomit immediately upon awakening Tuesday wasn't so awesome. So I discontinued the cough syrup.

The week just slipped by me. Wednesday and Thursday were a coughing, sleeping, body-aching blur. Saw another doctor on Friday morning. New drugs. Feeling a little better by Friday evening. Today I woke up just before 900a after almost 11 hours of sleep, made and ate breakfast, and cleaned the kitchen. That little episode left me a bit tired so I headed back upstairs. Watched an old episode of Arrested Development on Hulu and the next thing I knew, I was waking up again...at 145p. If this is what feeling better is all about, it's gonna be another long week.

My head is feeling okay but I'm tired all the time, have a funny tummy from all the drugs, and have dropped 5 pounds in the last 10 days. Since I didn't have much body fat to begin with, I'm thinking it's probably partly fluids and partly muscle atrophy. Only two workouts in the last 2.5 weeks: the Alcatraz race and the Taos bike ride. I don't even know where to start when I finally feel like getting back out there.

Maybe an easy hour ride tomorrow just to see what I'm dealing with--will just have to see how the morning goes. So who knows what this thing is--could be bronchitis, swine flu, some other crazy virus, walking pneumonia, or a whole host of other things the doctor mentioned that I can't remember at this point. Anyhow, trust me, you don't want it.

No comments: