Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 1--Zero miles

After a tough night of sleep, I woke up with a debilitating pounding in my head and a seriously aching body. No bike riding for me for sure. It took me about 3o minutes to get off the couch, zip up my bags, and drag ass to the backseat of my truck where I planned to spend the better part of the day as a SAGer. First stop was another friend's house in the neighborhood to gather the rest of the caravan to the ride start. That's as far as I made it. The guys grabbed my bags as I unloaded myself and staggered directly to their guest room. I've pretty much been sleeping all day and, while I do feel better, there's no way I could even balance on a bicycle right now, let alone actually ride up and down hills.

So the new plan is to drive up to Taos (with the family I'm staying with) tomorrow afternoon with hopes of joining the ride for day 3 (Saturday). The trajectory of this virus or whatever it is has been unpredictable so I have no idea whether or not that's a realistic plan. Apparently, several of my SF friends who were at the Alcatraz race are experiencing the same thing. Not good times.

No comments: